Mid Valley Agricultural Services is a great place to work.
We are always looking for talented people to join our team. All interested applicants should fill out an application as well as send a resume with references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. MVA offers a dynamic, fast-paced work environment. We provide a competitive compensation package including salary, paid holidays, vacation, health benefits and a 401(k) plan. We are committed to safety in the workplace, and an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen and background check. MVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In addition to a tremendous diversity in crop experience we offer field scouting, written recommendations, timely product delivery, soil analysis, tissue analysis and sprayer calibration.
Position: Accounts Payable Coordinator, Oakdale CA
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of vendor bills, employee expense reimbursements, credit card expenses, and to ensure proper accounting for expenditures. This position requires a high-level of organizational skills, ability to handle a high volume of transactions, and meet tight month-end deadlines. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are important as this role will frequently interact with outside vendors, colleagues, management, and the company’s owners.
- Review vendor bills for accuracy and match to proper PO when applicable
- Ensure proper bill approvals and GL coding are in place
- Prepare and reconcile financing amortization schedules
- Review and process employee expense reimbursements
- Monitor status of Open Purchase Orders
- Process bill payments on a weekly basis or as needed
- Record credit card usage in the AP subledger
- Research and resolve bill discrepancies with appropriate business owner and/or vendor
- Maintain and create proper AP documentation and files
- Ad hoc reporting related to AP transactions
- Monitor and process vehicle annual registrations with the DMV and ensure they are up-to-date
- Create, maintain, and organize vehicle and equipment related files
- Perform other AP duties as requested by the Accounts Payable Manager
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions consistent to job functions, strategies, and Mid Valley’s vision and values.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Knowledge of 1099 guidelines and reporting.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities, suggest, plan, document, and implement.
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
- Communicating with supervisors, peers, and persons outside the organization.
- High level of organization, planning, and prioritizing work.
- Ability to handle large volume of transactions efficiently and accurately
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Identify and recommend changes to procedures and policies for various new software.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new procedures, policies and systems.
- Verify accuracy of financial or transactional data.
- Assist with other duties, tasks, or events, as needed.
- Bachelors or Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- Work Experience
- 2 + years of Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Computer Skills
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel Skills (vlookup, filters, pivot tables,
- handling large data sheets, etc.)
- Accounting experience as it relates to AP (journal entries)
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Desired Skills:
- Accounts Payable system implementation experience
- Experience with automation of employee expense reimbursements
- Experience with automation of credit card usage expense recording
- Experience with writing AP Policies and Procedures
Position: Seasonal Field Scout, Linden and Livingston, CA
Assist in providing support and data collection for Pest Control Advisors (PCA). Perform diversified field related activities assigned by PCA’s and Branch Managers. Helps PCA’s provide timely and excellent service and recommendations to growers.
- Walking orchards, vineyards or row crops to identify and check for specific pests, weeds, insects and diseases.
- Collect soil, tissue, leaf and water samples.
- Routinely set and maintain traps and lures.
- Create and read maps for blocks of land covered by the PCA.
- Observe and collect field data and communicate all reports and findings to PCA’s and the Branch Manager.
- Complete daily and weekly scouting reports.
- Communicate all findings and reporting’s to the PCAs to help develop seasonal fertilizer plans and pest control programs for a variety of crops.
- Reporting accurate insect counts on a timely basis.
- Ensuring a sufficient inventory for traps and lures materials.
- The ability to construct traps, correctly adhere lures and guarantee proper installation.
- Frequently check and replace adhesive portion of traps and ensure lure effectiveness.
- Schedule and prioritize all activities, daily/weekly routes to ensure optimal quality and efficiency.
- Research based activities to help identify and learn various diseases and insects.
- Maintaining company supplied vehicle and routinely inspect the vehicle for any noticeable problems.
- Uphold and comply with driving safety rules, as well as all safety policies of the company.
- Help maintain relationships and communication with growers and Mid Valley.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions consistent to job functions, strategies, company goals and values.
- Represent Mid Valley Agricultural Service’s core values by obtaining and communicating sound knowledge of Mid Valley products and services.
- High Scholl Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Valid Driver License
- Work Experience
- 1+ years’ experience in agricultural field, desired.
- Computer Skills
- Proficient in using MS Office and Google software.
Position: Tank Farm Associate, Linden, CA
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning, inspecting and maintaining fertilizer mixing equipment
- Mixing liquid fertilizers
- Maintaining small engines and pumps
- Works closely with Tank Farm manager to ensure the proper and efficient tank farm operation
- Valid driver's license
- Drug screen and background check
- Must be 18 years old
- Paid Time-Off
- Excellent Medical & Dental
Position: Delivery Driver, Linden, Livingston, Brentwood, and Oakdale, CA
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service, ensuring the right products are delivered at the right place.
- Light vehicle maintenance
- Safely deliver products accurately and timely
- Follow all HazMat and DOT rules for shipping
Special Requirements and Qualifications:
- Drug and Alcohol Testing required
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build rapport with staff and customers
- The ability to lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly
- Class A or Class C (Clean DMV Record)
- For Class A, HazMat and Tanker endorsements preferred (able to obtain)
- For Class C, able and willing to obtain Class A (company will help)
Salary is dependent on experience. Health insurance and 401k available.