Mid Valley Agricultural Services is a great place to work.
We are always looking for talented people to join our team. All interested applicants should send a resume with references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as a completed application.
MVA offers a dynamic, fast-paced work environment. We provide a competitive compensation package including salary, paid holidays, vacation, health benefits and a 401(k) plan. We are committed to safety in the workplace, and an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen and background check. MVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In addition to a tremendous diversity in crop experience we offer field scouting, written recommendations, timely product delivery, soil analysis, tissue analysis and sprayer calibration.
Internship, Oakdale and Linden, CA.
- Collect Soil, tissue, and water samples of the blocks currently scouted by the PCA
- Scouting blocks for weeds, disease, and insect pests
- No experience necessary. Interns will be taught by the PCA what to look for in the field and report back accordingly
- Daily or weekly scouting reports
- Use of Microsoft Office and Google software is critical
- Mapping of blocks currently managed
- Strong communication skills with support staff, PCAs and of course, growers
- Communication requires excellent written and verbal skills, including email, text and phone calls
- Safety. All interns must comply with driving safety rules, as well as all safety rules of the company
- Desire and ability to work weekdays and some Saturdays. Students: Part time during Spring Semester (2-3 days per week) and 40+ hours during Summer
- Clean Driving Record
- Excellent Verbal and Written Skills
- Familiar with rural areas of San Joaquin and Stanislaus Counties
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
At the end of the internship, we hope the interns have a better understanding of a career in crop production. We hope to have them interact with PCAs at various levels, including job shadowing, possible calibrations and sales calls.
Position: Retail Sales Associate - BG Agri Sales, Linden, CA.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer a superior level of customer service
- Knowledgeable about products and services
- Create and complete special orders
- Develop and maintain rapport with customers
- Research, forecast and order product
- Assist in organizational procedures
- Assist in repair and rebuilding of agriculture equipment
- Assist in receiving and inventory processes
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
- Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver's License
- Must have a clean driving record
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Ability to demonstrate experience in agriculture parts and equipment
- Computer Skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Software
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable
- 2+ years Retail Sales experience
- 2+ years Customer Service experience
- Must continuously stand or walk
- Regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-50 pounds)
Position: Delivery Driver, Linden, Brentwood, and Oakdale, CA
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service, ensuring the right products are delivered at the right place.
- Light vehicle maintenance
- Safely deliver products accurately and timely
- Follow all HazMat and DOT rules for shipping
Special Requirements and Qualifications:
- Drug and Alcohol Testing required
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build rapport with staff and customers
- The ability to lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly
- Possess and maintain a Class A license with Haz Mat and Tanker endorsements
- Clean DMV record
Salary is dependent on experience. Health insurance and 401k available.